Submission opposing the Falls to Hotham Alpine Crossing
On 09 December 2020, Keep It Wild sent a letter to the following parties, calling for a halt to the Falls to Hotham Alpine Crossing (FHAC) development.
This submission raised a number of objections relating to:
- The National Parks Act 1975 Preamble
- the NATIONAL PARKS ACT 1975 – SECT 21C: Protection of remote and natural areas.
- Government policy that tourism development will be encouraged to be sited on private or other public land outside national parks
- That the development is opposed by most stakeholders
- The effect of the FHAC as described in the Management Plan is in opposition to government (ALP) values around social equity
- The likelihood that $34M of taxpayer dollars will be wasted due to poor economic analysis in the Master Plan
- The FHAC as currently proposed will have a major detrimental environmental impact on sensitive areas within the Alpine National Park.
The full submission can be accessed below.